December 31, 2014

2014: Get Along Into New Societies

Hi, good night, people!

Here I am again. On a new-year night, lay down on my bed, drink hot chocolate, eat chips, with books and papers messy around. Oh God, today is the end of the year, is it sounds great? Not really for me. Hahaha. I still have many things to do, problems to deal, exams to fight, and responsibilities to be done. But, stop. It won’t be the other trashy post where I yell around complaining of things. Won’t do it here again.

Like how I used to fill my post of year end, I will write down things I’ve done and lesson learned. Beware! It is only me talking around about my life goes on!

Back to early of this year, my January as a college student is much more relieved than as high school student. I had my very first end semester final exam and my very first decision to join in a student organization. Even the rest month after the exam is a holiday, I regularly went to campus on holiday since I apply and join recruitment process of the organization. But still, it does better than High-School-exam-series-and-nightmares. Lol. So subjective. Then I was chosen as external division staff in my major student organization, Himpunan Mahasiswa Akuntansi Universitas Airlangga 2014.

With my gang!

February became my first one-month-holiday as a college student! Oh my God, why nobody tells me that I could have this long holiday in Uni? Where was that in High School?! Hahaha but since I had no plan to go out of town for holiday, there I was, playing around in Surabaya with my new peers in Uni, went to a concert with my High Schools friends, also went to campus to receive some University Visit agenda to our organization from other Uni outside Surabaya.

Then March to July is time to back studying in class. This is my second semester in Uni. Even though you knew this is not my first target of Uni I want to attend to, but here I am, I should deal with things. I made it pretty well last semester, and also this semester. My cumulative GPA is 3.93. Pretty well, tho? Hahaha.

Besides studying, I also become active in the organization and joined some committee. I believed to be head of funding in my committee. It was my first trial being CO Dana (it’s how they called) and we need to collect around sixty million IDR. Kinda big for a first trial. Lol. Through all of the efforts, we made it anyway! The events run well and very exciting. Thank you, TAWA 2014 and Accounting Times 2014!

After the holiday, I went back to classes. Rock the third semester. Besides, I had a big project for new students orientation called Cipta Nuansa Akuntansi, had a responsibility as leader of Company Visit event, held the first Airlangga School of Diplomacy, and other smaller projects. Also, I joined a selection to become my Uni delegation for an international conference. And I made it! I selected! But, there still a long way to go. Hahaha. I and teammates have to conduct training and meetings to prepare many things for the next February. So tiring and stressful but it has to be exciting! Doain yah! Hahaha.

Move from school to family. 2014 has been a big year for us. My sister graduated from her master degree of Institut Teknologi Bandung in April. My brother is engaged to his fiancé on May 19th. My sister got engaged too on June 7th. Why everybody is engaging while I am single?! Lol. Wk.

It is not stopping on that. After graduated and engaged, my sister finally accepted on her new job in Total E&P Indonesie (why her life so perfect? *an envy little sister*), everything gets complicated. The date prepared for her wedding crashed her training program in her workplace. So, then, the wedding accelerated. Into the next two weeks after the engagement. She married on June 22nd to Mas Singgih. Alhamdulillah. It is surprisingly happy, and also a touching moment for me. Even we both fight a lot, we yelled to each other, but still, we both are siblings, females, and daughters. We shared a lot. And simply, she moves to a whole new life. Congratulation, Mba!

Anyway, this year let me handle events in many committees. Surely I learned a lot. But if I should state the most challenging event committee I’ve ever joined, it will be… My sister’s wedding reception! We conducted the akad nikah in June, but the wedding reception in following months because the bride and groom have work training. Mba Ocha in Balikpapan, Mas Singgih in UK and Jakarta, and the wedding reception will be held in Surabaya. Then who will manage everything related to the wedding?! ME, MOM, AND DAD. Yup. Only three of us for a wedding reception, please bear in mind if we need more than fifty people in a committee to conduct a concert party or prom night lol. Moreover, this is the first wedding in our little family. So, only three people, no experience, big day, and the bride and groom is not around. Great deal.


Her wedding finally!
Last, let me talk about feeling in the last paragraph. You knew I’ve never into a relationship. Once, twice, or more, I was close to people, but there is no ending point. I end up as a friend, and problem. Huahaha. But this time, I became more dare to step into next level. After about six months being close, full of vulnerability, I decided to have a relationship with my senior. It is quite new for me. Let see I can work it out or not. Hahah.

So, yeah, it is the end. Goodbye 2014. Since I am on my final week of the third semester, I still have five more subjects to be done in the following beginning of 2015. Swipe up the tears and go get study, Del.

“May light always surround you;
hope kindle and rebound you.
May your hurts turn to healing;
your heart embraces feeling.
May wounds become wisdom;
every kindness a prism.
May laughter infect you;
your passion resurrects you.
May goodness inspire your deepest desires.
Through all that you reach for, 
may your arms never tire."

Yup.
I'm done.
Thank you so much 2014 for bringing new environments, experiences, and happiness.
I’m so grateful for things I’ve been through.


And,
I do ready for new things to deal with 2015.

Adelia Budiarto.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Aku selalu berdoa untukmu.. good luck for the exam and for the unamed zone. happy new year yaa.I hope you always healthy, and keep writing.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig